Monday, September 1, 2014

Seated workouts

Up until this summer, walking, bicycling , kayaking and snowshoeing have been good stress relievers for me besides giving me a cardio workout. A knee injury and osteoarthritis in my hip have conspired to keep me from my normal activities. I can kayak when the weather is good and provided I have someone to help get the kayak to and from the water.
I can now bike on the flat in an easy gear for short intervals. It's not cardio but I'm getting out.
While looking for some seated exercises, I came across this site:
spark people.com

There are cardio workouts, toning, core and weight workouts for anyone who has mobility issues. Of course, ask your doctor and proceed at your own pace. I did the 11 minute cardio the first time and was surprisingly sore the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Just hopped over to the link you gave - brilliant! I just tried out a couple of minutes sitting by the computer and can see it would be good. I'll bookmark this and try the full 11 minute later in the day. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete